Author Topic: CW's Flash  (Read 28315 times)

SCB

• View Profile
Re: CW's Flash
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2014, 02:05:24 AM »
Well I waited three months for this episode, spoiling myself with the pilot over the summer and it was very satisfying and fun.

This was a great use of a C list villain in Multiplex, exposing Barry's unknown weakness of an unbelievably high metabolism, plus a little strategy to deal with an unlimited army. He's going to need it for Mirror Master one day.

I noticed when Barry is analyzing a crime scene, he has Sherlock analytical vision. I'm good with that. If you're going to steal from show, that's a great one.

Glad all of Barry's friends and allies are all united in making him succeed, kind of a Rocky 2 moment when Adrian finally gave Rocky the okay to fight and here his surrogate father gave him the okay to be the Flash. Caitlin as well. By the way keep name dropping Ronnie Raymond, looking forward to him on the show.

And now the 800 pound gorilla in the room not named Grodd. Harrison Wells wants the Flash to succeed more than anyone else and even knows his superhero name before he has it. It's screaming Zoom and I like it.

Great show so far.

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2014, 05:39:25 PM »
so a journalist the hero secretly has feelings for is looking for the identity of the blue and red blur? Interesting
A mentor is a wheelchair. OK
Freak of the week, usually dying.

They're going more the Smallville route than Arrow, but at least Barry isn't a douche
Despite my snarky comments, I like it

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2014, 09:04:12 PM »
Yeah, Smallville monster of the week is what I thought, too. 

Which isn't really a bad concept.

Smallville's biggest problem wasn't their monster factory concept, but simply the writing.  And the writer of Flash has a very good rep, so hopefully we get an Arrow success story, and not a Smaville "Well, at least they tried."

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2014, 09:39:33 PM »
Like I said, my biggest problem with smallville was clark was a douche - he lied to everyone, but God forbid one of his friends tried to keep something private  :fr:

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2014, 12:23:09 AM »
The kid who plays young flashback Barry is also really good.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2014, 11:22:34 PM »
Heat Wave and Captain Cold and a Prison Break reunion

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2014, 02:27:36 AM »
OMG THAT'S AWESOME!  ROGUES!  :fr:

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2014, 04:57:51 PM »
CW orders Flash for a full season. 9 additional episodes as of now.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2014, 02:24:42 AM »
Another good episode.

Using the Mist, who is a very obscure non-Flash villain was a good idea to once again display Flash's skills and powers, once he overcomes the learning curve. Standard villain of the week stuff, but fun nonetheless.

In traditional Arrow CW fashion, and I mean that in a good way, really taking their time with Firestorm. They've been planting seeds about Ronnie Raymond with Caitlin dropping his name. Now we meet him in a flashback, but that's it for now. I wonder if we're in store for a Dr. Manhattan moment where we see him put himself back together.

Nice moments with Barry's dad. Not sure he knows his son was the Flash in that moment, but based on Detective West knowing about Iris and his boyfriend, a father always knows.

As usual we get another piece of the Harrison Wells mystery. He purposely caused all this, including choosing Barry to get his powers and perhaps inadvertently creating Firestorm later. He needed the Flash to exist I'm assuming so he can exist as whoever he really is. Zoom seems so obvious and feels so right as well or as Wells.

I think next week is the Captain Cold episode plus Felicity crossover, so things pick up fast.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2014, 12:57:51 PM »
Gorilla Grodd confirmed for the show.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2014, 11:52:10 PM »
Holy crap was that episode good.  Wentworth Miller and the writers nailed for Captain Cold

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2014, 01:07:23 AM »
Decent episode. Should have been better, but not sure how. I think I just had really high expectations since it's Captain Cold of all people.

Captain Cold was good, felt like they should have done more with his cold effects, but I don't know if there's is that much more., without going Mr. Freeze or Blizzard on AOS. I liked that he was a strategist with the cold gun, rather than just a guy who discovered a powerful weapon. Glad he got away at the end was started recruiting others. I like Wentworth Miller as Cold.

I figured Felicity would play a bigger role on Team Flash, but she was kind of just there.

No Harrison Wells evil reveal at the end, instead just being a dick to Cisco.

Election day next week, so next episode in a couple of weeks. Boo.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2014, 03:26:10 AM »
They should do more with the gun later.  Cold built the gun in the comic and has all sorts of cool settings and what not on it.  As he didn't build it in this it's not surprising he doesn't have any yet but they hinted at him starting to tinker with it at the end of the episode.

I'm not sure Wells is an actual villain and isn't just some guy who is making sure Flash comes into existence.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2014, 04:30:33 PM »
Jason Rusch, the younger Firestorm cast for the show.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2014, 12:31:08 PM »
The 800lb gorilla in the room not named Grodd is Iris being terribly miscast and written. They have no chemistry and we have to uncomfortably watch the writers shoe horn them together. She's a generic Lois Lane/Laurel Lance from season 1 Arrow character.

Other than that, I love what they're doing with Flash's powers. They haven't introduced the idea of the Speed Force yet and treating Barry's powers as pure science. He's even limited by science. I like that he has to ask Cisco and Cat how fast he needs to run to accomplish specific things as opposed to just doing whatever he wants. I imagine if the Speed Force is ever introduced, he could bypass all that and maybe have a Neo from Matrix moment, but I prefer the limitations and learning curves for now.

Clancy Brown in a live action superhero show is huge fan service for me. If he were a little younger, he'd be a great live action Lex just as well as he was the voice in JLA/JLU. Plus now this show or universe has it's own General Ross.

And lastly, live action Grodd. Wow. Rise and Dawn of The Planet of the Apes really raised the bar on intelligent live action apes, so it's going to be really difficult to pull off for me, but I'm excited to see it done.

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2014, 08:23:13 PM »
Barry should have let her kill that fuck

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2014, 08:31:04 PM »
500 Proof? Really? Do they even have a clue WTF proof means? So that shot was 250% alcohol? Nitpicking maybe but that was fucking stupid

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2014, 09:46:02 PM »
Yeah, my eyebrow shot up a bit too. 

But they're mad scientist types living in a world of an absolute zero gun (Being sold by some dime store arms merchant, no less), so why not invent something better then pure ethanol?   :good_mini:

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2014, 01:06:25 AM »
Another fun one. Freak of the week, but for purposes of this show, it works.

Girder was a fun villain, school bully with super powers, this universe's Colossus. I liked the Superman punch finish.

Good character work for Eddie finally. If he is a Reverse Flash, he's far from it right now.

Speaking of Reverse Flash, didn't expect to see him at all. I mean I've been assuming it's Harrison Wells this whole time, but the yellow streak was a delight to see comeback. Since that moment was meant for us to think it was Wells, I'm wondering if it really was. 

Somehow those young Barry moments are incredibly well done. I like each and every one.

Getting really close to the crossover mid season finales with Arrow and Flash.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2014, 01:30:20 AM »
I think Zoom is Thawne based on the images posted earlier in the thread.  The guy in the suit is to big and bulky to be Wells but looks like Thawne.  Also the fact Thawne IS the original Zoom :P

Wells however I think might be Hunter Zolomon but being played off a bit more like a good guy than normal.  He'd still be Reverse Flash but suitless most likely.  If you think about it a lot of his actions play are designed to teach and grow Barry which fits right in with the Zoloman character just not quite as evil but still questionable.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2014, 12:52:56 PM »
Good episode, not so much the villain or villains, just the story that was told around them with the mystery man Harrison Wells.

We know this is all leading to the Reverse Flash, but still uncertain which one and and whose who. Easy to speculate, but they've done a good job of keeping it extremely vague.

I'm wondering if Wells is waiting for a certain headline in the future newspaper or is Flash supposed to stay missing in the crisis?

Next week we finally get the two part crossover then the mid-season finale with Reverse Flash finally making his debut.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2014, 03:03:26 PM »
I like how the crisis happens, after the comics retconned it away.

And how about those names of the victims? Looks like Ronnie Raymond won't ever be Firestorm.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:16:01 PM by DocSavage »

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2014, 03:58:10 PM »
I like how the crisis happens, after the comics retconned it away.

And how about those names of the victims? Looks like Ronnie Raymond won't ever be Firestorm.

Why wouldn't he?  Plenty of people were presumed dead when the particle accelerator explainedexploded.  Girder was thought to be dead and turns out he wasn't.  He died IN the accelerator itself.  Only makes sense he'd come back as Firestorm

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2014, 04:18:30 PM »
I don't think any of those people are "dead". They're all missing and presumed dead. All Easter Eggs anyway til they show up, if at all.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2014, 04:20:11 PM »
I think Zoom is Thawne based on the images posted earlier in the thread.  The guy in the suit is to big and bulky to be Wells but looks like Thawne.  Also the fact Thawne IS the original Zoom :P

FWIW, they said that was a stunt double in those leaked pics and that when Reverse Flash shows up, his face will be blurred out the same way Flash blurs his around Iris, keeping the mystery alive.