Author Topic: Ozark (Netflix)  (Read 1196 times)

BlackLight

• View Profile
Ozark (Netflix)
« on: July 26, 2017, 02:22:57 AM »
Two episodes in. Worth watching, IMO.

Jason Bateman plays a Chicago financial advisor who, along with his business partner, is secretly laundering money for a Mexican drug cartel. When they find out a few million dollars is missing, Bateman convinces them to let he and his family re-locate to the Missouri Ozarks, where he promises his drug lords he can grow their business exponentially, by cleaning more of their money than he ever has before.

I'm enjoying this, but it feels to me that Jason Bateman seems noticeably miscast in his role. He exhibits intelligence and guile frequently, but never seems to project it as part of who he is - it all feels like it's written for him. But I'm still in, so it can't be that big a deal.

benlinus

• View Profile
Re: Ozark (Netflix)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 08:09:30 PM »
So I watched all of season 1 in august 2017. And just finished all of season 2 today. This show imo is great. You never see Jason Bateman make quit retorts or be really funny like a lot of his other roles because that is not who this character is. He reminds me very much of his character from the 2015 movie The Gift (although in that movie imo Bateman is way more of an ass hole than he is in this show) although in this show he is way more evil. Laura Linney shines as his wife and she is the exact opposite of skylar white. This show will very much be compared to breaking bad due to its subject matter but there is no downtime with a skinny pete or Badger in this show. If you enjoyed breaking bad but wish a show was even more sad and depressing than this is the show for you.

BlackLight

• View Profile
Re: Ozark (Netflix)
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 11:47:33 PM »
Great series. Solid final season. Last episode was good up until the last ten minutes. Ending was meh.